Must Visit - 7 days
7 days to visit the most beutiful italian cities: from Rome to Venice
- Day 1 - Welcome to Venice
- We'll meet in the afternoon at your Venice hotel, deeply nestled amidst the canals, bridges and alleyways of this magical, preserved-in-amber city. After introductions, we'll set off on an orientation walk, and then enjoy getting acquainted over a traditional Venetian dinner together.
- Day 2 - Historic Venice
- In the morning your local guide will take you for a historical walking tour through the backstreets of Venice, ending with the shimmering, mosaic-filled St. Mark's Basilica. You'll visit the picturesque island of Burano, known for its lacemaking, where you'll have free time to explore this pastel painted island. Afternoon free for Venice's other famous sights, or a romantic gondola tour. Dinner free.
- Day 3 - Florence & David
- We'll drive straight to Florence in the morning, and hit the ground walking with a Renaissance tour of the city's historic center. You'll learn about magnificent cathedral dome, Baptistery doors, and other creations that helped define this world-changing era. Tonight we'll share a hearty Tuscany dinner together.
- Day 4 - The Uffizi
- This morning we'll devote our time to the breathtaking Renaissance art of the Uffizi — home to the finest collection of Italian paintings anywhere — including works by Leonardo, Botticelli, Michelangelo and more. The rest of your day is free for making your own Florentine discoveries. Dinner free.
- Day 5 - Wine Tasting, Rome at Night
- In the morning we'll drive into the rolling hills of Umbria, stopping for a wine tasting lunch at a family-run winery. We'll then make a bee-line for Rome. We'll end our day as any good Roman would — with a stroll through the historic heart of the city, lacing together the classy Piazza Navona, the remarkably-preserved, 2,000-year-old Pantheon and the magical Trevi Fountain. Dinner free.
- Day 6 - St. Peter's and the Vatican Museum
- We'll spend much of today on the Vatican side of the Tiber River. At the sprawling Vatican Museum we'll tour the seemingly endless collection of treasures as we make our way to the single work of art that dwarfs them all: Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel. We'll then have an orientation to the awe-inspiring St. Peter's Basilica. You'll have the rest of your day free to wander through this immense church, climb the dome and explore the interesting market streets in this neighborhood. Tonight we'll feast together at our farewell dinner, sharing travel memories and toasting new friends.
- Day 7 - Monuments of Ancient Rome
- You'll spend the morning uncovering Ancient Rome, starting with a tour of multi-layered San Clemente — a 12th-century church sitting atop a 4th-century basilica and a previous Roman temple. Then we'll tour and hear vivid tales of the larger-than-life Colosseum and the birthplace of Ancient Rome: the Forum. You'll be free this afternoon to wander through the nearby Palatine ruins, St. Peter-in-Chains Church, or climb to the top of the Victor Emmanuel Monument to enjoy a panoramic city view. Arrivederci !