Best South Italy - 7 days
Southern Italy's scenic Coast is a top vacation destination, especially in summer. Cliffs rise dramatically above the sea and picturesque villages cling to the cliffs, making for spectacular scenery.This is most exotic tour in Italy to immerse you in the distinctive culture, crafts and history of South Italy. We will will introduce you to the hearty welcome and Dolce vita lifestyle: a slice of Italy that's richest in contrasts, from cities to beaches, and from rugged to glamorous.
- Day 1 - Naples
- We'll gather at our Naples hotel in the morning and we'll have an easy introduction to Naples at the beautiful hilltop Museo Capodimonte, home to southern Italy's best collection of Renaissance paintings. After lunch in the city that invented pizza, we'll be introduced to Naples' grittier side on a Vespa-dodging, laundry-flapping, slice-of-Neapolitan-life walking tour through the heart of this chaotic, memorable city. Sleep in Naples. Dinner free.
- Day 2 - Pompei and Sorrento
- This morning we'll make a short drive for a thoughtful visit of unlucky Pompei, where, with a local guide, we'll get a look at everyday life, frozen in time two millennia ago. After free time for lunch and to explore more of Pompeii on your own, we'll hop aboard the Circumvesuviana commuter train bound for serene Sorrento, our cliff-hugging home set amongst the lemon groves. Before we check into your Sorrento hotel, we'll watch the creation of an Italian culinary masterpiece — gelato. Sleep in Sorrento. Dinner together at hotel.
- Day 3 - Amalfi Coast
- The day is all yours to enjoy the breathtaking Amalfi Coast. We'll drive along the twisting roads and wild beauty of the Amalfi highway, hopping off to explore cliff-side villages along the way. Check out the sweeping views from Ravello, the candy-striped church in Amalfi town, the narrow streets and posh shops of Positano, or let gravity pull you down to a beach to relax upon. Tonight will be a great night to find a trattoria with a glorious sunset view.
- Day 4 - Tropea
- Today we'll drive along Calabria's coast to Tropea where we spend the day. Tropea sits proudly on a ‘tuffo’ rock 50 meters above one of the most beautiful beaches in southern Italy. Here, you can explore medieval and prehistoric palazzos as you saunter down cobble stone streets during your free time. Tropea’s quaint cafes and bars offer an occasion to sit, relax and admire the breathtaking views of the sea below and experience the promenade, where you can see the famous landmark of Tropea – Santa Maria dell' Isola. Dinner at your hotel.
- Day 5 - Calabria
- Spend an unforgettable day sailing the enchanting waters of Calabria’s coast to the mythical fishing village of Scilla, where you can relax, swim and take in breathtaking views. Before a short stop in Capo Vaticano, we’ll arrive in Scilla where you can enjoy a leisurely lunch on your own in town or we can provide a buffet lunch on board the yacht for an extra charge. Discover Scilla’s rich history as you stroll through the mythical city. Board the yacht, and sail back to Tropea by early evening. Catch the gorgeous Calabrese sunset as we cruise along the coast. Dinner at your hotel.
- Day 6 - Mount Etna and Seductive Taormina
- Early morning we will depart for Sicily for our new destination : the lava-crusted slopes of steamy, 10,000-foot Mount Etna. We'll drive up the mountain (weather permitting) and see for miles and miles as we learn about Etna's geology and its millennia-long impact on the surrounding area. Next we'll visit a winery on the slopes of Mount Etna, where we'll taste some of Sicily's deservedly famous wines and enjoy appetizer before heading downhill to Taormina. Your evening is free to find that perfect terrace, savor a glass of e Limoncello apertivo, and enjoy the sea breeze. Sleep in Taormina. Dinner free.
- Day 7 - Taormina
- You are free this morning to luxuriate in this cliff-hanging, old-world resort town. Wander through its elegant gardens, posh cafes and shops, ride a cable car down to the beach or explore the nearby mountain-top village of Castelmola. Any way you slice it, you'll have a ringside seat to savor il dolce far niente (the sweetness of doing nothing), Sicilian style. Later in the afternoon we'll meet an informative local guide for a walking tour of Taormina and its remarkably-situated Ancient Greek theater, still used today for open-air performances. We'll continue into the evening with a cooking demonstration followed by dinner together.
Naples or Taormina. Other cities on request.
AVAILABLE ALL YEAR ROUND
Private small group, miminum 2 people. 7 Nights. You can extend your stay or customize your tour.
7 nights ( Double room occupancy)
7 Italian buffet breakfasts
5 dinners in typical restaurants (soft drinks and wine included)
Sicilian wine tasting. Museum and attraction admittance.
Rental of yacht and skipper. Local handmade Calabrese salamis, cheeses and local wine on board. Buffet lunch on board for an extra fee.
All private transfers by Deluxe coach or minivan throughout the tour are included.
Transportation from/to airport or train station can be arranged upon request with extra free.