Best North Italy - 7 days
Northern Italy is a country of scenic contrasts, rich in history. From the mighty Alps and Dolomite mountains, cut deeply by great rivers and glorious lakes, the land falls away to the vast plain of the River Po and its tributaries, which flow into the Adriatic close to Venice, truly one of the wonders of the world. Everywhere are ancient towns and cities, testament to some of western civilisation's greatest achievements, while the modern industrial and commercial cities of Milan and Turin ensure Italy's place in the modern world.
- Day 1 - Welcome to Milano
- We'll meet in the afternoon at your Milano hotel and start our walking tour through the ancient heart of Milan. The visit starts from Piazza della Scala, and it involves a few places: Alessandro Manzoni ‘s House, The Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II arcade and its histories; The Duomo (exterior) with its curiosities ,to continue in Merchants’s Square, a beautiful ancient square that was one time a place of public punishment! We will see also the palace in which lived the “ Lady with an Ermine”; and we will reach the Castle of Milan. Dinner free.
- Day 2 - Historic Milan
- In the morning your local guide will take you to the Cathedral of Milan: the Duomo. The route includes the visit of imposing interior of the Duomo. It is possible also walking along the wonderful terraces with the striking view, surrounded by hundred of spires and sculptures. You will have few hours free for shopping. Late afternoon departure for Parma. Dinner and overnight at your Hotel in Parma.
- Day 3 - Parma and king of italian food
- Early morning departure to visit a family-cooperative where you will watch all the stages in the production of parmigiano reggiano --parmesan cheese--, learn all about parmigiano and of course taste it. The second stop is to visit the Italian litlle Versailles : Reggia di Colorno, headquarters of the Academy of Italian cuisine. Arrive at Garda Lake in the evening. Dinner with Lake view in a typical restaurant.
- Day 4 - Garda Lake
- In the morning, after a guided walk to the center of Sirmione, we'll boarding the speedboat reserved for one hour of navigation along the lake in the direction of Salò, where we'll stop for lunch. Before going back we'll take a short walk along the promenade of Salò. Enjoy your afternoon and evening your your hotel spa. Dinner free.
- Day 5 - Verona
- Today we will visit Verona, the romantic city of the Scaliger dynasty, where you'll find the house of Juliet and Romeo and the Arena of Verona, an ancient monument of international importance on the enchanting Piazza Bra in the elegant old city center that also hosts the summer opera season. Dinner free.
- Day 6 - Vapolicella
- Today we'll wind our way across Valpolicella Valley to our agriturismo destination: a country hotel that is also a working family winery. We'll spend our day amid the peaceful vine groves, tasting several of our host's award-winning wines. Arrive in Venice in the evening and traditional Venetian dinner together.
- Day 7 - Venice
- In the morning your local guide will take you for a historical walking tour through the backstreets of Venice, ending with the shimmering, mosaic-filled St. Mark's Basilica. Afternoon free for Venice's other famous sights, or a romantic gondola tour. Arrivederci !