Italy Amore Mio best places - 9 days
A 9 days tour considering landing in Rome and flying out from Milan, moving by minibus or car from south to north getting a taste of Italy, from the ancient Rome to luxury of Portofino; a bit of mistery in San Galgano, the unforgettable Chiantishire and the less known Lucca, till the romantic and luxury Portofino and 5 Terre.
- Day 1 - Welcome to Italy
We start our walking tour through the ancient heart of Rome as a local guide tells us vivid tales of the larger-than-life Colosseum, the awe-inspiring Pantheon, and the birthplace of Ancient Rome: the Forum. Tonight we'll take a floodlit, fountain-splashing, la dolce vita stroll through the heart of Rome, soaking up the city's evening ambiance at the classy Piazza Navona and the magical Trevi Fountain. We'll feast together in a tipical restaurant.
- Day 2 - Rome
- We'll spend the morning at the sprawling Vatican Museum and admire the Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel. We'll then have an orientation to the awe-inspiring St. Peter's Basilica, home to Michelangelo's moving Pietà. You'll have the rest of your day free to wander through this immense church, climb the dome if you're feeling energetic, and explore the interesting market streets in this neighborhood. Dinner free.
- Day 3 - San Galgano - A mysterious "sword in the stone"
- We'll leave Rome and drive to Tuscany, stopping at San Galgano to discovery the real sword in the stone, plunged by Saint Galgano into the rock emerging on the top of the hill in 1180. Feel the energy in the deconsecrated The Abbey and look at the sky through the open roof. Arrive in Siena in the evening. Dinner together at your hotel or country house.
- Day 4 - Siena
- In the morning we'll take a meandering walking tour through this one-of-a-kind hill town. We'll tour the elaborate cathedral and learn how Siena's rich medieval history and rivalry with Florence shaped this city. We'll finish our morning in an artist's studio, learning about the centuries-old tradition of stained-glass making. Then you'll be well oriented for your free afternoon and evening to enjoy Siena. Dinner free.
- Day 5 Chianti Wine Tasting
- Today we'll wind our way across Chianti hills to our agriturismo destination: a country hotel that is also a working family winery. We'll spend our day amid the peaceful vines and olive groves, tasting several of our host's award-winning wines, and sharing a country-style dinner together.
- Day 6 Lucca
- In the charming town of Lucca, home town of Puccini, we'll take a walking tour in elegant pedestrian streets and many Roman reminders. In the afternoon we will visit is one of the most luxurious and spectacular villas of Tuscany, from the second half of the sixteenth century: Villa Torreggiani. Dinner free.
- Day 7 5 Terre - Liguria
- You'll take a "vacation from your vacation" today in our Mediterranean getaway. You may choose to hike the famous cliff side paths, taking in lots of fresh air and panoramic views between Cinque Terre villages. Or pick a village where you can spend your day exploring the stairways and alleyways, sunning yourself on the rocks, or sipping cappuccino or vino, and catching up on your journal at an outdoor café. Dinner free.
- Day 8 Portofino - Liguria
- Today we'll discovery the exceptional beauty of Portofino and San Fruttuoso Abbey accessible only by sea or land via an ancient path. The San Fruttuoso Abbey rewards visitors with all the excitement and mysticism of a spiritual place in perfect harmony with nature. For evening an entertaining pesto-making lesson and special pesto lasagna dinner at a local family restaurant. Arrivederci!
Milan or Rome
AVAILABLE ALL YEAR ROUND
Private small group, miminum 4 people. 9 Nights. You can extend your stay or customize your tour.
9 nights ( Double room occupancy) including breakfasts.
5 dinners in typical restaurants (soft drinks and wine included) , wine tasting, musemum admittance.
All private transfers by Deluxe coach or minivan throughout the tour are included.
Transportation from/to airport or train station can be arranged upon request with extra free.